The Energy Charter
CS Energy is proud to be a foundation signatory to the Energy Charter - a whole-of-sector initiative to achieve a more affordable, reliable and sustainable energy system for all Australians.
Businesses from across the energy supply chain have committed to the Energy Charter, to progress the culture and solutions required to deliver energy in line with community expectations.
The Energy Charter principles
- We will put customers at the centre of our business and the energy system.
- We will improve energy affordability for customers.
- We will provide energy safely, sustainably and reliably.
- We will improve the customer experience.
- We will support customers facing vulnerable circumstances.
Our PROGRESS IN 2021
Each year, Energy Charter signatories publish disclosure reports about how they are progressing against the five principles.
2021 was a year of contrasts for CS Energy. We moved closer to our vision of becoming a leading provider of diversified energy solutions to our customers, growing both our market share and product solutions.
At the same time, we managed multiple challenges, including reduced plant availability, the Unit C4 incident at Callide Power Station and our response to the Queensland Energy Class Action.
Our top three customer outcomes in 2021 were:
- Giving our customers confidence that we are acting in their best interests through our active role in the Energy Charter #BetterTogether National Customer Code for Energy Brokers, Consultants and Retailers.
- Providing product solutions to our customers that address their costs of doing business and support their decarbonisation goals.
- Continuing to offer support to our customers, supply chain partners and communities in a COVID affected economy.
CS Energy's self-assessments under the Energy Charter maturity framework have remained steady, reflecting that we are on the right track but there is more work to do to move to the next level of maturity.
Download our 2021 Disclosure Report (PDF 1.4MB).
Each year, CEOs of Energy Charter signatories meet with an Independent Accountability Panel (IAP) to reflect on how their business is progressing against the Energy Charter principles. View CS Energy CEO Andrew Bills' meeting with the IAP in the video below.
View CS Energy's earlier disclosure reports in the Reports and Publications section of our website.